After assessing several options the committee has decided that all on-line presentations will be made live via Zoom (https://zoom.us/). Please ensure that you can use zoom and that your country is not blocking international access to Zoom.
ISAP2022 will have 5 Zoom rooms, one for each conference stream. Two rooms are on-line only. The other three rooms are hybrid and involve a physical room at the convention centre as part of the on-line Zoom room.
Where possible all on-site sessions will be made available on-line via Zoom so the on-line audience has maximum access to the on-site conference.
The in-person sessions and the on-line Zoom sessions will not be recorded.
On-Line Only Session Presentation Guide
If you are presenting in an on-line only room, Online Room A and Online Room B in the program then:
- Ensure Zoom works on your laptop or desktop computer.
- Obtain a headset-microphone.
- Prepare your presentation as normal (preferably in PowerPoint).
- Closer to the event you will be provided with Zoom room login details.
- At the start of your session log in to the Zoom room for your presentation.
- The zoom configuration has a presenter waiting area. You should be in the waiting area at the start of your session. The room attendant and session chair will check to see you are there and adjust the program accordingly if you have not shown up.
- You are expected to be in the presentation Zoom room for the entire duration of the session you are presenting in. DO NOT turn up just before your scheduled presentation time.
- The session chair will announce you and the room attendant will give you screen share capability.
- Share your presentation screen and make your presentation as usual.
- Be prepared to answer question from the audience directly via audio and via Zoom chat.
- Once your presentation and questions are complete the room attendant will disable your screen share ability and pass the floor to the next presenter.
- Your microphone should be muted when you are not presenting or asking a question.
In-Person Only Session Presentation Guide
- Prepare your presentation in PowerPoint for a 16:9 screen.
- Place your presentation on a USB drive and take it to the conference with you.
- Your presentation file should be named as follows to allow us to find the right presentations in the right order for the session:
- In the example below the label would be:
- In the meal break immediately before your presentation session, and at least 15 minutes before the start of the session, go to the room where you are presenting and give the USB drive to the room attendant (not the session chair).
- The attendant will load your presentation onto the conference laptop in a folder for your session (e.g. RS7) and return the USB drive to you.
- When it is your turn to present, open your presentation from the laptop folder for your session and make your presentation as usual being sure to use the microphone on the lectern. Powerpoint will be in two-screen presenter mode, be sure you are familiar with it. A Logitech Presenter (laser pointer and slide advance) will be available for you.
- The laptop screen will be shared on Zoom so the on-line audience can see and hear your presentation. Remember, they can not see where you point with the laser pointer.
- Once your presentation and questions are finished close the presentation to reveal the session presentation folder in preparation for the next presenter. The room attendant will be available to help you.
- You are expected to be in the presentation room for the entire duration of the session you are presenting in. DO NOT turn up just before your scheduled presentation time.
Hybrid Session Presentation Guide
- Many of the ISAP2022 sessions are hybrid consisting of in-person presentations and on-line presentations.
- In-person presentations will be made first. The audio system will then be reconfigured and on-line presentations will be made.
- If you are making an in-person presentation proceed as per the “In-Person Only Session Presentation Guide” above.
- If you are making an on-line presentation proceed as per the “On-Line Only Session Presentation Guide”. The conference laptop will be part of the Zoom room for the conference and will display your presentation on the conference room data projector and provide your audio through the room PA system. Because of the room audio setup you will not be able to hear questions from the in-room audience. The session chair will relay any questions to you via zoom chat. You can respond via audio.
At the conference venue you must use the conference laptops for your presentation. You will not be able to present in-person directly from your computer. No exceptions!