Manly NSW, 4-6 November, 2022
Novel Analogue Beamforming Techniques for Antennas of B5G and 6G Systems
Organisers: Prof Y. Jay Guo and Dr Peiyuan Qin
B5G and 6G are among the hottest topics for the wireless communications industry. To achieve low energy consumption and low cost, analogue beamforming will become an important antenna technology for B5G and 6G wireless communications networks. Currently, three types of techniques are being investigated by a number of world-leading research groups. These include the employment of metasurfaces, quasi-optical approaches and novel beamforming networks. Innovative approaches are being investigated for these technologies, such as the use of glide symmetries. Given by world-leading researchers and technology developer, this course will provide deep insight and detailed design methods for some of the most advanced analogue beamforming techniques.
The following lectures are planned for the school:
- Beamforming Employing Modulated Metasurface, Prof Stefano Maci, University of Siena, Italy
- Circuit-Type Adaptive Multibeam Antennas, Prof Y. Jay Guo, UTS, Australia
- From Superdirective Arrays to Quantum Arrays, Prof Richard W. Ziolkowski, UTS, Australia
- Series-Fed Antenna Arrays, Dr. Nghia Nguyen Trong & Prof Christophe Fumeaux, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Challenges and New Concepts for Millimeter-Wave Antennas and Feeding Networks, Prof Oscar Quevedo-Teruel, KTH, Sweden
- Beamforming Leaky Wave Antennas, Prof JOSÉ LUIS GÓMEZ TORNERO, Technical University of Cartagena, Spain
- 5G Millimeter-Wave Array Antenna and Beamforming Tool, From Education and Prototyping to Commercialization, TMYTEK Founder and President, SU-WEI CHANG, TMYTEK
- Conformal Transmit Arrays, Dr Peiyuan Qin, UTS, Australia; Li-Zhao Song, CSIRO.
The Antenna School will be held at the Manly Pacific Hotel (https://manlypacific.com.au/) in Manly NSW. The hotel is on the beach a short ferry boat ride from the Sydney CBD.
Registration fee (including working lunches):
Please click on the links above to be taken to the registration site.
You do not need to register for ISAP2022 to attend the Antenna School.
Special rates have been negotiated with the host hotel. Some other less expensive hotels (daily rate between 120-200 AUD) are also available, which can be found in the link at the end of the page. November is the peak season in Manly. It is highly recommended that you book your accommodation as early as possible to avoid the price increase.
|Date||Room Type||Occupancy||Room Rates Including Breakfast for 1|
|Friday 4th November 2022||Superior Room||Single||$AU449.00*|
|Saturday 5th November 2022||Superior Room||Single||$AU519.00*|
- A $AU20 surcharge applies for twin share.
Rooms need to be booked by 30th September to qualify for the special rates.
To book accommodation rooms please email the hotel directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +61 2 9977 7666 and mention:
- Block Name: School of Antennas
- Block Code: 728516
event to access the rates.
Other accommodation can be found through Wotif. This search has the location and dates included for your convenience.